Friday, October 13, 2006

Baseball Fever in Jordan

Last week marked an abrupt end to a remarkable season for my favorite baseball team, the Minnesota Twins. As an avid Twins fan, I checked the progress of the team nearly every day these past few months, even following games live online when I could, as I did recently during their last regular season game so I would know if they won their division before I went to bed that night. They did indeed win, and I went to bed a happy man. Unfortunately, they were then soundly beaten in three straight games in the opening round of the playoffs, eliminating them from the postseason and turning that happy night into a distant memory in just a few days. Below is a picture of me putting on a happy face behind the bar at the Marriott Hotel in Amman--where I watched two of the three playoff games--as the season was coming to a close. I wait expectantly for the next season to begin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here here to baseball. here here to the twins and joe mauer. here here to sports suck! in minnesota. (cause we always lose). this post was not approved by the other teammate of the family. here here?

Anonymous said...

so i found your blog. and i thought i would say hey. hope the eid treated you well. heres to class in the morning.